Planning to be ill? No, thank you. I need to skip that this year.
Yes, we try to stay well. But, life (or should I say illness) happens. Here are a few tidbits on preparing to be ill as a caregiver.
Summary of the 8 tips
- Maintain a list of folks for on-call support.
- Keep an up-to-date emergency contact list.
- Keep a list of doctors and their phone numbers.
- Keep medication lists current
- Have basic comfort foods on hand.
- Have common over the counter medications in the house.
- Stock up on essentials: toilet paper, tissues, bandages…
- Have a stock of supplies (including medical) for the person in your care.
Remember, you are not alone. Prepare for the unexpected.
Remember to care for yourself.